To create your website's navigation go to "Appearance > Menus" in your dashboard.
- Go to "Appearance > Menus".
- If no menu's exist, you will have to create one.
- Locate the "Create New Menu" option (text link) and click it.
- Give your menu a name, we'll call ours "Navigation".
- Now click the "Create Menu" button located to the far right (top and bottom).
- At the top locate "Manage Locations" and click this tab.
- For the "Header Navigation" you want to assign it your new menu created.
- Make sure you click "Save Changes".
There you have it. You’ve created your navigation. Now to add menu items.
Creating “Custom Links” in your menu:
- In the left, locate the section "Links".
- In the "Link URL" insert the URL of the menu item you’re creating.
- In the "Link Text" insert the name of the URL menu item.
- Hit the "Add to Menu" and that item will appear in the right-column.
- You can repeat this to add more custom links.
- Drag and drop the menu items (in the right column) in the order desired.
- Make sure once you’ve finished editing, you "Save Menu" before leaving.
- To unlink the parent menu item, read "Unlinking Parent Menu Items".
To add existing pages and categories:
- Just like done with the Custom Links is "Pages" and "Categories" (and others).
- Check the box beside the items you want to add.
- Once you’ve selected the items you want, click "Add to Menu".
- Drag and drop those menu items (in the right column) in the order desired.
- Make sure once you’ve finished editing, you "SAVE MENU" before leaving.
Once you’ve finished customizing your navigation, it will appear as saved on the frontend of the website. Refresh your website and you should now see the changes you've made.
For more help, checkout the video tutorial for Creating Menus:
Still need help?
Visit our buyer support forums: http://www.ourwebmedia.com/support